Refurbished lens concern...

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went on Canon's website to browse refurbished lenses. I loved how you can get them so much cheaper...but does it come at a cost? They NEVER have a description for each lens as to what was wrong with it and how it's been fixed. Is it practically new, are their still defects, or would I be running into problems in the future if I were to get one? I wouldn't cough up the cash for a marked down lens if it won't last a long lifespan

Usually refurb'd lenses are as good or better than new. Refurb'd means that a technician has checked it out and okayed it. New could be off and nobody ever noticed.

fjrabon said:
Usually refurb'd lenses are as good or better than new. Refurb'd means that a technician has checked it out and okayed it. New could be off and nobody ever noticed.

Ah I like that. Thanks for the info!

The biggest difference is the warranty. They are typically much shorter on referb units.

nmoody said:
The biggest difference is the warranty. They are typically much shorter on referb units.

Yea, my heart broke when most were saying "out of stock" :(

Yuuup. New may mean they check 1 out of every 100 or 200 or 500..... who knows. Refurb generally means each one is checked by a human.

Yeah man...manufacturer refurbs are solid in the camera world. I've purchased a few refurbs already (both bodies and lenses) and yet to have any issues.

PlanetStarbucks said:
Yeah man...manufacturer refurbs are solid in the camera world. I've purchased a few refurbs already (both bodies and lenses) and yet to have any issues.

Alright cool! Is there another website other than Canon that legitimately sells refurbished lenses, and perhaps camera bodies?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back