relase date of LR5 ?

devaji108

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so I tried the free trail of LR 4 and kinda liked it. thinking about getting it. but now I hear the LR5 is coming out and it has a couple nice features that i like...
anyway does anyone have any idea then it is going to be for sale?
i tried to D/L the beta but can't seam to get it working.

if you have any info let me know would ya
cheers

I'm not sure, but I seem to recall getting an E-mail from Adobe (or maybe Facebook post) advertising the LR5 free Beta...and I think it said that it would be free until the end of May or the end of June. So if that's the case, then I'd guess that the full version would be out at the beginning of June or July.

got the free beta working...now to learn how to use it...lol but so far it looks like a great software.
but i do hear roomers about LR and PS going subscription? and one have any info on that?

It's been big news, both around here and all over the internet. Adobe is shifting to a cloud/subscription platform for some of it's software. Shouldn't be hard to find tons of info.

What I've heard is that Lightroom will not be sold that way. Lightroom will stay as is...you purchase your user's license and it's yours for life.

Lightroom is also offered as part of the Creative Cloud (CC).

The use license is yours for life. Adobe will still own the software.
Also if you opt to buy rather than subscribe to CC, when Lightroom 6, 7, 8, etc is released you will have to pay for another use license if you want to upgrade.

Most reactions

Back