release

his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been asked to do a flyer wit pictures in it. I am going to go out to public places to take pictures of people for the flyer. I will ask them (cause I will need some posing) if they will work on the spot for me. Should I have them sign release forms??? Thanks.

Mark is right about the releast thing. It didn't always used to be that way and the law might not say you have to but thats criminal civil is totally differnt than criminal.

But I would keep the release simple and non threatening. If you dont plan to manipulate them I would say so in the release. Some of these photographer packaged releases are so long and involved I would never sign one and I know what it is. think about some poor old lady sitting in the park.

Anyway good luck with the shoot.

Model releases come up as a topic from time to time. Is there someone competent to draft a simple release and can it be posted on this site? With the current blurring of the lines between pro and amateur, the need for such a document will grow. A short list of important caveats would also be a good thing.

I agree with torus in this climate you need one but the ones that cover your ass in every possible situation (generic) they usually are so scary that no stranger is going to sign one. Those are usually best used with a professional model is involved.

Something simple that says you may use my image anyway you see fit, so long as it would not embarass any normal human being would do for me.

To make a clothed woman nude would embarrass a nomal human but to clean the lines from her face wouldn't. To sell it to the local newspaper as she eats watermelon with it all over her face is a gray area though. Who knows since she is the one eating the melon. It's just hard to say.

I agree wit Torus, I would love to have an already written simple release. The flyer I am working on deals with teens and will be used as a fundraser for my customer. How would I need to word my release so that people would understand ( I would actually prefer their pics to be stock photos in my collection). Can this be a need-to-know basis?? Thanks, hope this all made sense.

I would just give them an idea of what I am not going to do with them as much as do. Most people fear you will distort the image in someway. Or as in most cases they just dont like the way they look. Thats where you have a problem.

I wanted to shoot a kiddie ride at a local park the girl who drove the train refused to pose for a picture. She would never signed a release after the fact either. I shot and used the pic of her on the train anyway. It part of my stock retro file. I have no idea anyone would want it anyway but what if they did and she saw it

Err... [Bashful smile . . .]

Darned if it isn't! Thanks. Nice to have a couple of these in my old kit bag just in case.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back