Releases.......

OnTheFly7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is something that everyone likes to keep to themselves. However, what are the thoughts of those on the forum, when it comes to sharing their releases?

I thought it may be a good opportunity for all to learn, critique and add suggestions.

If this is something you all keep close to the vest, I understand that!

For my digital cameras, I use an IR or RF release.

For my film cameras, I use a cable release.

j/k.

I rarely use a release because I rarely shoot anyone where I'd need one. As soon as I locate mine, I'll post it.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Appreciate the replies thus far.

I do have mine. Just thought this could be a good opportunity to share.

I think the OP means model releases.

Model release law is state law, not federal law, and each state has their own legal requirements.
Your best bet is to have a qualified attorney help you to make sure the release you use is valid in your state.

If you don't already have it but want to avoid model release pitfalls, I highly recommend getting:
A Digital Photographer's Guide to Model Releases: Making the Best Business Decisions with Your Photos of People, Places and Things
My initial thought was with Sparky. I don't use model releases as I do not use models (makes my life much easier!) but if I did, they would not only be subject to state law, but more importantly, they would be subject to European and UK laws.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back