Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
fuji-04-009-L.jpg

Looks a bit soft. Background is distracting. The image is trying to lean on people's patriotism and feelings for fallen heros - pretty tacky in its execution though.

Shoot this one again and put some feeling and passion in it. These types of images need to be much more dramatic to get beyond the snapshot and reach the heart of the viewer.

^ Agreed. Especially the green/yellow thing and the bright wide sidewalk in the background really take away from the image imo. I also don't care for the placement of the statue in the very middle. I'd say maybe get a shot at a time of day with more directed, dramatic lighting (i.e. from a side of the statue's face or something) for contrast, and get much closer in. I think more emphasis on the eyes and the relation btw the kid and the flag would make it more emotional (but then again, it's your shot so you'd have to play around with it)

Having the subject centered makes it look like a snapshot. Subject is soft. Highlights in the background make for too much contrast in a distracting way. Need to soften the background (bokeh) to place more emphasis on subject. Fill flash on subject would make it work better, and help you control the background too. I would have shot it vertically.. and not cut the subject off at the knees.

Most reactions

Back