Remote cvontrolled dslr

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do Nikon have cameras that let you remote control your camera remotly with your smartphone? Like some built in function that streams what the camera sees to you phone so you can focus on specific spots.

Do Nikon have cameras that let you remote control your camera remotly with your smartphone? Like some built in function that streams what the camera sees to you phone so you can focus on specific spots.

Yes, many of them do this. There are DSLRs and point and shoots that do it, but as far as specific cameras you'd have to research it. Most of the newer ones have this ability.

There is this adapter: WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter from Nikon

I don't know what all they do, so you can read about it.

CamRanger is pretty cool! Albeit a little expensive but its worth it if you tend to remote control your camera a lot. I never used one but a friend of mine has one and he absolutely loves it.

@nerwin I guess the term "expensive" is relative. The only option I have with my Pentax is to spend $100 for a flaky wireless SD card that is prone to lockups and crashes. Also, the CamRanger is about the price of a decent external monitor (which doesn't give you remote control)

You'll get varied features dependent upon the software you use (Nikon or 3rd party) and which camera you use. The newer cameras that support NFC, Bluetooth and Wifi seem to have the most controllable features.

Newer Nikon cameras support SnapBridge, which integrates with a smartphone app for liveview and remote shutter. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the interface and don't use it, but it least it's built in at no extra cost.

thanks so much

Most reactions

Back