Remote flash trigger questions

Scarsandcars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, im pretty new here and I tried searching around but didnt find an answer. I have a Canon Eos rebel xt and i just bought a cowboy studio npt 04 remote flash trigger. I also own a 300ez speedlite thats not supported by the cowboy studio system, but i've read that I can make it work in manual mode. Now my question is simple... How do I operate this flash on this system? When I click the test button on the trigger, the receivers light up but the flash doesnt flash. Thanks for any help

Im saving up my spare cash to buy a 420ex speedlite so i dont have to worry about this anymore. What are other inexpensive flashes that would work for this application?

How do i put it in manual mode? I've never used this flash and i guess the ttl for the flash is incompatible with my d-slr.

I don't think that flash has the option for regular manual control. It is TTL only, but if you can fire it off-camera, it will just fire at full power every time.

If the receiver is getting the signal but the flash isn't firing, check the connection. Those triggers have a hot shoe, don't they? It may be that it's not sitting correctly.
If that doesn't fix the problem, it may just be that this flash actually needs the Canon hotshoe connection.

I googled around and cant see anything for putting this flash into manual. :( Looks like im just gunna have to buy a flash.

Some Canon flashes that are newer that yours, don't have an option for putting them in manual. I'm not even sure if the 420EX has a manual mode.

If you are looking for another flash for this purpose, you can probably buy any brand of flash...most of them do have an option for manual mode. I often find them at garage sales for a couple dollars. Sometimes they don't work but many of them still do.

If you are going to save up for a good flash, I'd suggest a 430EX...maybe a used one. That will give you manual control and it will work perfectly with your camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back