Remove shadow from a photographed paper?

Gerardo_G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, can you please explain to me how can I remove a shadow from a paper I photographed using PhotoShop?

Thank you in advance!

I'm attaching one of the photos as an example:

$Sketch2.jpg

Last edited:
This? I just used graduated neutral density layers in LR, one from the bottom and one from the left. Not perfect, but I did it in about a minute.

Cheers!
Jake

Thanks... I had asked using PhotoShop which I do have. Can you help me out?

Thank you for your help. Ok, I've started exploring the tool and it's working, but the pencil lines are getting lighter, when I need them to be darker in order to contrast with the background.

What mode should use in the gradient tool? Is there something else I should have in mind about the tool's settings?

use a flatbed scanner.

Thank you for your help. Ok, I've started exploring the tool and it's working, but the pencil lines are getting lighter, when I need them to be darker in order to contrast with the background.

What mode should use in the gradient tool? Is there something else I should have in mind about the tool's settings?

Use curves layer to increase contrast

Thanks... I had asked using PhotoShop which I do have. Can you help me out?
Uh. Lightroom's Develop module and Photoshop's Camera Raw are the same software.

The only consideration would be if you have one of the Photoshop Elements versions that does not have the Gradient tool in Camera Raw.

$-remove-shadow-photographed-paper-sketch2.jpg
Try the dodge and burn tool. Set the dodge to highlights and the burn tool to shadows.

WOW... thank you for all your help! This is more than what I expected.

bianni, the result you got from the dodge and burn tool is exactly what I'm looking for! I'll take a look at that this weekend :D.

Thank you so much for the digital version TWright33 :).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back