Remove the playground, leave the boy.

Brian_barrett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geog.leeds.ac.uk
Hi, I had a look around and i think this is the best place for my thread. I'm after advice on photoshop techniques. I want to turn this:

before.jpg

into this:

after.jpg

Is the clone tool the best way to do this? and if so, can someone help me do a better job please? I always get repeating patterns if I try too carefully and unmatching shades if i don't try carefully enough.

Any suggestions warmly welcomed (as are comment on this image itself).

Thanks in advance.

You actually did quite well. (save the smudges of red in the lower right)

I think you understand the technique perfectly. It will take a while to fine-tune your skills to where you can avoid both extremes without effort. I'm still in the same boat as you are.

jadin said:
You actually did quite well

Thank you very much.

jadin said:
(save the smudges of red in the lower right)

I hate being colourblind! thanks for pointing these smudges out to me, I will get my partner to check my next efforts!

I'm guessing from the lack of response that I am using the most appropriate tool for this task. So, thanks Jadin, and thanks for everyone elses silence which has given me confidence to continue this way.

You're doing well because when I fist looked I read it and thought, what's the problem you've already done it. But yeah it could do with a bit of refinement. In the right area though :thumbup:

Just remember to constantly keep resassigning your clone spot. It will make it much more real looking with the variances caused from reselecting the area. A very very very little blending and blurring never hurt anyone either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back