removing bags from eyes?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. I had a photoshoot in extreme cold (well for us Floridians) at the beach, and subsequently, I ended up with a model with sometimes having a red nose and seemingly bags under her eyes.

Anyone got a good tutorial on how to eleminate the dark circles from this:

2225142818_e87a53ea35_o.jpg

Personally I don't think that is the problem. The 'goose bumps' on her legs and tummy are very obvious. I don't know how to remove them without softening the tattoo and piercing.
Really like the shot though.

Andy

Heres how i do it, i dont remove them totally, because that can look a bit fake, i do a more subtle technique, but enough make it look better,

Make a new layer, use the healing brush tool, on the new layer, (make sure you set the sample option to all layers) and use that to paint over the circles. if being totally gone if you thing, your done, if not, set the layer opacity down to around 50-75 percent. I also took away a portion of the purple color cast on her nose.

the quick edit:
girledit.jpg

I like to use the patch tool, trace the bags and roll over some nice smooth skin. Presto bags are gone.

Great pic by the way.

Wait I only have Photoshop 6, I dont think it has the clone stamp tool.

BUT WOW the edit looks great!

Thanks for the replies!

GwagDesigns' edit is pretty good, though generally speaking the healing brush is a much better tool than clone. Using solely either one in beauty retouching is a no-no, however, because it is incomplete. The clone and healing tools flatten skin, and it is almost always necessary to go back over the cloned or healed portion with color dodge/burn (these are paintbrush options) in order to add back in the dimensional qualities that were lost in the initial stages of the retouch.

ah did i say clone? oops, i actually meant (and used) the healing brush, and i totally agree with what you say max. i hardly use the clone brush, and if i do, the brush is soft, its to harsh otherwise.

I also use the healing brush or patch tool...this is good for eliminating any lines or wrinkles or bags. Then I might use the close tool to clean it up...but be careful of overuse because it smooths it out too much. Maybe switch the clone brush to color mode. Another way would be to just use a regular bush (soft & low opacity) and just sample the color from the surrounding skin. Always work on another layer, so you can go back or dial down the opacity.

I think that 50% of the "bags" could have been prevented by better lighting. Those are not really bags but shadows. She is a little young to have bags under the eyes. Of course I could be wrong, but since I am going to Florida later this week, I may have to check things out personally... lol

Most reactions

Back