removing cracks and stains in vintage photos

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
any idea how to get rid of the cracks which formed on the surface of this old photo? or how to get rid of the stain across her face?

crazingexample.jpg

ya, the prob with reathe healing brush is there is no clean area for a source

Try smudging it, or whatever that brush is called. Smudge an area clean and start from there. It's very painstaking, but I've done a few. If the photo isn't going to be overly enlarged, remember the casual eye won't see these tiny lines. Work on the larger areas.

thanks guys. i ended up running it through Neat Image, and man, what a difference!

here it is. now i need to work on lifting the brown stains across her face. any suggestions for that?

crazingexample2.jpg

neat image is great- i just need to get used to it. any good threads anywhere on its use?

It also looks a heck of a lot less sharp now. It really needs some contrast and sharpening, but you are well on your way to fixing it.

I'll remove it from the net if you didn't want anyone playing around with it. This is a rudimentary try. I'm kinda sick and kinda tired, so I'll try again tomorrow. Here's an example without Neat Image tho.

crazingexample.jpg

Most reactions

Back