Removing dust with blower

akazoly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I try to remove the dust on CCD with rocket blower. I think the sensor is charghed because dust don't leave the sensor, and I think the dust is very fresh.

My room temperature now is not really hot, a temperature change help me to remove the dust using air blow ?

Let me first say I am beyond a beginner at this point when it comes to DSLR's but I have noticed you are posting a lot about dust on your sensor. I wonder if you might want to bring your camera to a shop to have it professional cleaned. No idea how much that costs but if you are having this many problems with it why not just get it done properly.

Thanks but Nikon service NOT exist here (in this country) and I hate how people work here.

I don't understand a thing, why fresh dust don't leave the sensor, the sensor is electric charged ?

Exist a way to discharge the CCD ? Because dust not leave the sensor

Hi Zoliky;

I think the reason is not the electrical charge. May be the dust was sticky thing or something like that. It is interesting that in your country there was not Nikon service which is a very well organised brand all over world. At the other hand you don't need a Nikon service to have your sensor cleaned. If you have any Camera Shop or repair service they can do it in a few minutes. Your ensor seems like to need a wet cleaning. They can do it better than you can. But if you want search youtube.com there are some sample videos to do that.

Best Regards

I visit some camera service but no people know how to remove my dust.. So.. all camera service in Romania are idiot?

Now.. I order some quality products (brushoff, Eclipse E2, Swab type 2) I try to remove the dust.

If camera is scratched is scratched but Is scratched in my arms and not other ....

hahaha I don't think they are idiot:lol: Actually in the forum I saw a fw threads about this subject. Many people said that it was'nt so hard to clean the sensor. You seem to be brave enough to do that. I guess by being carefully and gently you can clean it. I hope you succes and dont forget to tell us the result and how you did it ok.

i read that this is not the first problem you are having with dust on your sensor in a short amount of time? How is the dust getting there? It's obvious dust is gonna get on your sensor but not often. this is a once a year thing for me. Maybe the question you should be asking is how to keep it from getting on your sensor so often? there is always a lens on my Camera bodies. if not a cap. when I do change lenses it is a very fast process and always done pointing down and out of any wind.If there is wind I usually cover the camera with a shirt.also I Always make sure I'm putting on a clean lens. a quick blow B4 taking the old one off the camera never hurts. But the changing is always as fast as I can make it. Taking off the end caps and switching the 2 in seconds. As for cleaning the sensor If it doesn't come clean with a blow gun I just do a gental swipe with the brush end and for real sticky ones a swipe with a Q-tip and another blow has always done the trick.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back