Removing lens on M3

Bongo Najja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone had problems removing the lens on the Leica M3? I pressed the button and turned the lens counter-clockwise, but it just won't release. I'm in a slump. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you holding the button down as you turn the lens?

Get a much larger hammer, that always works.

Yes. I've tried everything with that button. Seems like the lens is jammed. I may have to take it to be repaired. Or, I could just stick to one lens, but I would like to get a 90mm for portraits. Thanks for your reply.

What less is it ? Is it an LTM with adapter

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
It's a 50mm Summicron, M Mount. It appears to be jammed. There's no adapter.

Are you sure you are pressing it right in ? I have 2 M Leica's and have never heard of this problem before

Try putting clockwise pressure on the lens before pressing the button then turn anticlockwise

Try putting clockwise pressure on the lens before pressing the button then turn anticlockwise

Well, what do you know! That worked!!! Thanks a million, my friend!!! Now, I can put a bid in on that 90mm lens I've been wanting. Thanks again.

Are you sure you are pressing it right in ? I have 2 M Leica's and have never heard of this problem before

Yes, pressed all kinds of possible ways. Nothing.

GSGary suggested I put pressure on the lens while turning clockwise then press the button and that worked. I got it off. Thanks for your help, for it's much appreciated.

Compur, I'm not sure if I sent the message to you correctly letting you know I was able to remove it after GSGary suggested I put pressure on the lens while turning it then press the button, which worked. I wanted to make sure you got this message to thank you for your help, which was most appreciated (reason I'm sending it again)

Yes, pressed all kinds of possible ways. Nothing.

GSGary suggested I put pressure on the lens while turning clockwise then press the button and that worked. I got it off. Thanks for your help, for it's much appreciated.
No problem

Compur, I'm not sure if I sent the message to you correctly letting you know I was able to remove it after GSGary suggested I put pressure on the lens while turning it then press the button, which worked. I wanted to make sure you got this message to thank you for your help, which was most appreciated (reason I'm sending it again)

You're welcome. Glad you succeeded!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back