Rental of Children's Clothes

photop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anyone recommend a place to rent dresses/accessories for a themed photoshoot for a young girl? I tried Rainey's closet but can't seem to locate another. Thank you!

A little more information on the theme would be helpful. Being in a rural area away from rental options that might be available in metropolitan areas, DW and I are always browsing antique and thrift stores, for vintage and other clothing, plus accessories/props . Also we keep a watch out on the sales and closeouts.

Plato's Closet has several locations around the country where you can find gently used clothes at deep discounts.

Thank you for your input! Specifically I'm looking for a deep orange vintage type dress. I need 2 of them for 2 little girls and they need to match. I'm hoping to satisfy the look my customer is after and to recreate a Lisa Visser look. It's just been tough to find anything here locally so am looking into rentals. I realize there would be shipping costs.

I need 2 of them for

Getting two the same definately makes it more difficult. I guess letting your client buy and keep the dresses isn't an option or is this something that isn't available in the stores new? By the time you pay a rental fee and shipping costs it might equal out? Name brand labels might be sold got one of the stores like Plato's Closet after the shoot. Typically they pay 30-40% of retail on like new. Have you tried some of the stage costume rentals like Norcostco . Because of the number of films shot there Atlanta has several that cater to the production companies, so they generally have good selections.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll check out both locations and see about stage costume rentals in this area....(Austin, TX) We're actually both looking. The mom's one of my best customers so am happy to go the extra mile for her...:) I'm very much a part timer and do not have the room or customer demand to stock pile clothes. So I don't mind renting or the Mom may decide to buy whatever I find.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back