Replacement Lens Caps?

Johnathan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a Pentax K1000 second hand. The camera is great, but it is missing some of the lens caps. I know with how my luck goes, I'll have them scratched in no time flat.

I have with it a 50mm 2.8 lens that needs both front and back caps. It says on it "SMC Pentax-A". I'm not sure what that means. I also have a Takumar 70-200mm 5.6 that is missing just the rear cap.

Any idea where I can find replacements for these?

Thanks!

Front caps are easy to find. The front of the lens should have threads in one of a few standard sizes. 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 58mm etc.

The rear cap on the other hand will have to match the mount of your camera/lens. If you have a camera shop around that has used equipment, they should have a few, Pentax K1000 was fairly popular.

Check the big photography stores sites like Adorama. Use the link on the bottom of this page.

If not, E-bay should turn up anything you will need.

Wow, thanks guys! Looks like I can get everything I need from BocaPhoto. One question though: They have a generic front cap that says it is 52mm. Do you think that is what I need for my 50mm lens? They cap is snap-on, so I'm kinda hoping that extra 2mm is for the spring loaded snap things. I did measure my lens assembly, and it is exactly 50mm in diameter.

I think the K1000 took 49 mil filters, so would need a 49 mil lens cap. It should say somewhere on the ring surrounding the front element of the lens.

A symbol like an O with a backslash through it, and a number.

Most reactions

Back