Replacement options for the dreaded PX-625 / 13 mercury cell?

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently found into a really nice little Rollei 35 in a box of "camera stuff" I was given by a friend who'd help clean up an estate. The camera appears to be almost unused, but unfortunately requires a PX-625 / PX-13 mercury cell. I see there are a number of replacement options, with some having advantages over others. For those of you using gear that requires these batteries, what do you find is the best option?

Oooh! nice.

Take along another camera to meter... lol

Really, I sometimes do that. I get whatever they make that Freestyle etc. carries that's the closet thing possible, and especially with B&W, bracket shots. Or I might write down what I did so I know for a particular camera what worked. Or didn't.

(Batteries? where we're going we don't need batteries... )

Maybe look somewhere that specializes in batteries? In the US, we have BatteriesPlus, which is pretty fair and affordable, as well as Radio Shack. Is there a Canadian supplier that doesn't rip its customers off?

I don't think supply is the problem, but a few minutes of research seemed to indicate that there were about four different types (Zinc, Silver, etc..) each with advantages and disadvantages, mostly relating to voltage stability, and since the battery powers the meter in this little gem, voltage stability is probably important.

I've used the zinc air, I just find they don't last as long as good ol' mercury batteries, Did you look at Henrys? they have some. Maybe shipping would be better priced; I've ordered from them once or twice and I don't think shipping was all that much even coming to me south of the border.

Batteries just aren't cheap, ask any parent - costs money to get all those toys beeping and booping and clacking! lol

I've used the zinc air, I just find they don't last as long as good ol' mercury batteries, Did you look at Henrys? they have some. Maybe shipping would be better priced; I've ordered from them once or twice and I don't think shipping was all that much even coming to me south of the border.

Batteries just aren't cheap, ask any parent - costs money to get all those toys beeping and booping and clacking! lol
Yeahbut... this toy doesn't even beep! :(

Thanks, I'll try Henry's.

Yeahbut... this toy doesn't even beep! :(

Thanks, I'll try Henry's.
And you have to scale focus, I have a 35b that doesn't need batteries they are great fun with good lenses

Most reactions

Back