Replacing background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perlygates

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to take a photo of a piece of jewelry and change the color or look of just the background? (without creating a mask) I do all my editing on my iPad.

Thanks for your ideas!

If you're wanting professional quality photos of your jewelry, consider hiring a professional product photographer.

I often feel my dual display image editing workstation set-up, with a dedicated, calibrated monthly, 22" editing display, is sometimes to small. I can't even imagine trying to do critical edits on an iPad.
An iPad can be calibrated, but if you're editing on the go, it has to be re-calibrated whenever the ambient light is different from the last calibration.

All my work pallets and tool displays are on the 2nd display so I have maximum screen real estate for the image I need to edit.

You'll need image editing software that has good selection tools, because parts of the background will be in places you will wish it wasn't.

Photoshop CS 6's Magic Lasso tool and Color Range feature can accomplish what you want to do - Adobe Photoshop CS6

Unfortunately, I think Photoshop Elements lacks the Color Range feature.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Depends.
Depends how it was shot.
Depends how it was lit.

But, good god!
Editing on an iPad?
Fuhgetaboutit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back