Replacing Kit Lens

lennon33x

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm hoping to replace my 18-55 EF-S lens soon and was open to any suggestions as to what to replace it with. I'm looking to replace approximately the same focal length range (17/18-~60mm). I just bought a Tokina WA and have been absolutely astounded by the results and couldn't be happier, so I'm not against non-Canon lenses. I prefer Canon, but am definitely open to other options. I will eventually upgrade to FF, so I'm not looking at an EF-S lens. Thanks!

I have heard really good things about the Tokina lenses. When I replaced this kit lens in my set, I did so with the 28-135, which is one of the kit lenses for the 7D. I didn't have much money to purchase this lens with and got a good price on a used one. I did this because I felt it was better glass and because I also knew that I would be stepping up to a 7D body within a year and that I was going to be getting the 24-70 f/2.8 L and 70-200 f/2.8 L glass to go with that.

How do you like the 28-135?

I love it. It is my go to lens. I have the EFS 55-250mm as my second lens. The 28-135 to me is a great walk around lens.

I went down the same road you are starting. the 24-105L is a very popular FF lens and a kit lens with the 6D so you can find deals if buying it used. In fact the deal with the lens when bought in a kit is so good I ended up buying a 6D and sold my T3i and kit lenses on eBay.

you will really enjoy FF when you make the leap. I know I have

When I had a crop body, I bought all my lenses with the intention of going full frame. The first lens I got was the 50mm 1.8, and I loved that thing to death. If you want wide angle, I suggest the 17-40L as it is cheap for the quality. Now, on your crop sensor it won't be truly "Ultra wide", but it's all in what you're willing to sacrifice til the upgrade.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back