Repost of pics.

jophassa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't want my pics to be affiliated with hatred and name-calling. So i thought i would re-post some of them. I think that is ok to do, ja?

tink1918.jpg

tink1736-1.jpg

tink1916.jpg

tink1897.jpg

tink1919.jpg

tink1928.jpg

tink1924.jpg

tink1920.jpg

tink1922.jpg

tink1915.jpg

Your repost is ok and I appreciate you want to distance yourself from name-calling and hatred.

What some find the ultimate step towards art need not be taken as the same by others, you will find different opinions in all fields of art ... and on every step towards it, too, I think.

So - here your random photos are again, and again I personally would not develop this style, but that is what I personally think, and I accept that you think differently and therefore act differently with your camera, and some of your random everyday-life close-ups are really interesting perspectives, no doubt, like the view from the bottom of the cellar steps to the top or the narrow focus on the paper on the lawn.

Like I was saying earlier, to me your photos remind me of times when I was a kid and eyed things from very close up through one eye only (since it got impossible to see things properly with both eyes that close) and that adds an element to your photos that other photos don't have. (Though I do appreciate other elements in other people's photos, too, if I find them appealing!)

Of your collection here, the pipes mean least to me, but as I said: the carpet on the lawn (the other pic of it, the one that is not here now), the paper and the view up the stairs are interesting to me.

yey, thanks. i am thrilled that we can agree on something! i think my personal favourite out of this set is 10. the narrow DOF and the intentional positioning of the wheel in the background work well imo.

2 is more of a personal thing but i thought it was cool with the whole gun theme to make it red.

1 came out cool, imo. it is a traffic cone (probably featured in some other pics of mine before) and just looks so unobvious.

Neat shots. 3 and 10 are my faves.

I like #10, too. I'm almost wishing the object in the foreground was in focus vs. the grass though.

i thought i would try and use a really short DOF with 10 - you can see that just there is a little bit of the object in focus. i thought it added to its sharp qualities...

personally i think you should continue to develope this process..... if you were at art college and you wanted to explore the way you think..... you would be encouraged to do so..... (you would if i was on the teaching staff anyway).... but what you have to except when experimenting with a style is what some people appreciate.... others will never understand.....

I want to see this taken further...... more random angles please. :thumbup:

yeah, my friends became obsessed with these replica guns in a shop on the west coast of scotland. that photo is somewhat of a legend among my friends and i.

i must say that i am hooked on taking pictures. i also must say that i am only such a dedicated photographer because i use an ultra-compact camera (casio ex-z850) which takes breathtaking shots - highly recommended!

i am going to SE Asia for 1 year as from the end of august so i will hopefully be keeping you dudes updated with the pics from that....

So by now I've followed some threads started by you. Personally I think you should try video filming in a Wong Kar-wai style, hehe. :p And you don't have a blog yet?

no, not yet. i have all of the workings for a blog as they are all hosted on photobucket. any recommended blog engines?

thanks for taking time to view my pics. there are zillions of other threads and i am constantly editing photos to give them a new lease of life.

i shall take a peak at your threads....

PS. who is wong kar-wai? and i am actually starting to write film scripts.

here is a few more pics i took at the same time.

i really like finding new places to shoot the hell out of (shoot in the photographic way) but i just cant find enough of them!!!

tink1916-1.jpg

tink2114.jpg

tink2010.jpg

Copyoftink1564.jpg

Definitely worth more experimentation. I really like number 2 and 10 from the first set and number 4 from the last.

I can't say I care for number one or four but as a whole I think think both sets are really great. They held my attention much longer then most and made me want to look closer. If it feels good do it :thumbup:

thanks for the reply! i am glad you like 10 as it took ages to find a good shot. in the end i decided on the small DOF to highlight the sharp nature of the object.

Most reactions

Back