repost: Props

I would recommend a 'Bumbo' seat for shooting infants. It's a seat that they can use once they are old enough to hold their heads up...and it works well until they are big enough to pry themselves out...which might be 9 month to maybe 16 month or more. I don't have one...but have shot a few infants with them.

I also built a sign board baby stool. It's basically two big pieces of wood with a hinge at the top...like a side walk sign. I put an adjustable shelf on one side so that the kids can stand or kneel on the shelf and put their arms over the top. I think I have an example around here somewhere...

BD-01-Web.jpg

BD-07-Web.jpg

Here is an example of a shot with the Bumbo seat.
CD-Card-02-web.jpg

I keep things to a minimum... Large polar fleece blankets - one white & one black. Tossed on a sofa or pinned to drapes, they are great to use as quick and easy backgrounds. Folded up, you can put a sleeping infant on top or use to put the baby higher up in a basket. I also have several small fuzzy infant blankets in different colors and one noisy toy to get their attention - all are kept in a nylon laundry bag for easy storage. Most of what I use are things found around the baby's house - laundry or wicker baskets, crib, changing table, interesting furniture, bath towels, etc...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back