Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if I should post this in here or OT, but oh well...

I was wondering if anyone could make a quick tutorial on how to make buttons and banners. Like a photo forum button that can be used on another website to advertise. I haven't the first clue how to do it. :)

We are definitely in need of buttons and banners to help us promote this site!

If you are interested in creating them, please do and post them here...also, if you can help others create them, please do! :)

Thanks all!

I reckon a bunch of different sizes would be cool. Like Spread firefox little buttons and also a slightly larger one like the Freestyle one at the top of the page. I'll get onto making one right now! also i'll try and do up a little tute for here.

Here is my first attempt, I have never done one of these before so bare with me.

banner5al.gif

I made this before I saw the dimensions, this is just an idea, maybe something could be done with some of the past challenge winners or peoples favorites. I will see what else I can come up with, Im not really sure what you guys are looking for.

Yours is great pursuer. I dunno how to do that tricky chaning picture bit though.

This is how I create a simply square shaped banner or button in Photoshop. There's heaps of different shapes and styles but this is what I do.

It's basically just a little picture with text on it.
~~Go File -> New and then select the dimensions you want.

~~Then on your first layer you put the background you want. Like in the one above you'll have your black and camera on one layer (or two if you wanna be tricky)

~~Then you select the text tool and drag a box with it, where you want the text. Then type what you want. Then you can move the text around. You can also change the colour and font and shape by using the controls at the top of your screen. (The text always creates a layer of its own automatically)

~~Then with your text layer selected you can change the blending modes or opacity to get different effects.

***Once your button/banner is finished you can make it look pretty by selecting the background layer and then clicking on the Fx button (just below the list of layers) and click on Drop shadow. Play arround with the settings a little to get something you like.
***Then click on the Fx button again but this time click on Emboss. A window will pop up again. make sure inner emboss is selected and then play with the settings again.

I hope that all made sense.

I made a banner up - but I used someones picture of a flower and I don't think I should post it until I find out from the author if it's alright.

banner23nr.gif

there are really alot of steps involved, but it is all done in photoshop and image ready.

Just make a layer in PS for every frame of the animation then thansfer the document to imageready, open the animation window and choose make frames from layers from the dropdown, then save optimized as a GIF.

I would like to make something like this with other peoples photos, If anyone would be willing to let me use some of there posted pics please PM me.

Ok, it's raining out, i'm bored, heres another one.

banner102ah.gif

and another
banner68bv.gif

im out of control
bann79pj.gif

Ok here's my attempt at a very simple banner. Photo courtesy of Pursuer. (thanks!)

rippleweb6qm.jpg

500x112

:thumbup: I like it

We need to come up with a short phrase, or "slogan" if you will, that describes what we offer here, for the prospective member.

Here's a quick attempt. This is the same size as the Freestyle banner.

tpf_banner.gif

There's no tutorial for making one really. In photoshop, make a new document that is 480x60 pixels, 72ppi, and go for it. There's no rules, but I would say that a simple design, with 1, maybe 2 fonts, works best. Try and keep colors to 1 or 2, possibly 3, and obviously complimentary colors, or something that contrasts nicely. I wouldn't go with red and purple for instance.

When saving, save for web, and save it as a gif. Image ready should give you an optimized setting. My file size is around 3.25k.

Most reactions

Back