Research Paper Ideas Anyone?

steven_c

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At this point I am trying to get ideas on some debates in the photography community as in recent debates. I found a thread from 2012 which had a couple nice ideas here [http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photographic-discussions/303783-debates-photography.html] but some of them feel outdated I liked the subject of "Street Photographers rights" and a few other particular ones, but I'm unsure how well I could back that up with articles and such

So any recent ideas guys?

Street photographers' rights are well defined, there is not much of a debate.

How about the ethics of photographing the homeless?

At this point I am trying to get ideas on some debates in the photography community as in recent debates. I found a thread from 2012 which had a couple nice ideas here [http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photographic-discussions/303783-debates-photography.html] but some of them feel outdated I liked the subject of "Street Photographers rights" and a few other particular ones, but I'm unsure how well I could back that up with articles and such

So any recent ideas guys?

Hard to suggest some good ones, they generally seem either talked out, or tediously circular.

How about: "What DSLR should I buy?: the paralysis by over-analysis, of the modern electronics consumer."

When is it ok/not ok to take a photo of a person on the street?

How about "The Digital Paradigm", has the philosophy (mind set) of photography change as a direct result of the digital age.

"Why not to ask 'Film vs Digital' in an online photography group"

If it can just be comparing and contrasting things, you could actually do it about film vs digital, though that poor, poor dead horse has been beaten for so long that the bones are now dust and have been reintegrated into the dirt from whence it came, and its ancestors long ago evolved into other life forms. In fact, it was never a horse-it was a velociraptor.

There's a lot of very general topics out there, but if you want to do something more narrow, you could do a history of macro photography or research a specific type of old camera, like field cameras, panoramic field cameras, the evolution of plate photography, etc.

Most reactions

Back