Resizing

walterroach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So right now all I have to take pictures is an iPhone. It's not bad at all. I've been able to take some great pictures, but when I go to print them, via wal-mart, shuttryfly, etc., they will usually cut off some of the picture. It does give an option to "no crop" it but it has white edges. I hate that. So I said all of that just to ask this; is there a way to resize the pictures, both on phone and computer, without losing some of the picture or having those stupid white lines??

This depends on your camera "ratio". Some are 3:2, so for example a 6x4 photo perfectly fits but if you try a 5x7 photo something gets chopped off or else those white lines get added on. You have to crop your photos to the correct ratio before printing. Try downloading Picassa on your computer, it is a fairly easy yet competent free photo editing software

You will need to resize and/or crop the image to the same aspect ratio of the print you're ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good habit to get into that I had to learn the hard way is to leave room to crop to a 4:3 ratio, since that's still, unfortunately, the typical print ratio.

Try downloading Picassa on your computer, it is a fairly easy yet competent free photo editing software

Does Picassa, or any other free editing tool, work on an iPad?

Most reactions

Back