Resolution, PS, CD's, batch, confused and need help

Sarah74

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, my questions regard photoshop cs and image resolution. I am starting out in wedding photography and am offering my client a cd with all their images at high res.

Problem is I am not sure if I should supply my client with all their images at the raw size of my images which is 350 ppi or the non raw ones (I shot a combo) which are 72 ppi, or if I should convert these all to 300 ppi so that they may print them from home or send them out or take to a booth.

The problem with making them 300 is I feel they seem to be much smaller print size. Should i not constrain, should I resample, I am at a total loss. And I have no idea how to put so many images on one cd as well. I asked other photographers who said they put 2-300 300 ppi on one cd (but to me that seems impossible).

Also, does anyone recommend a way to batch convert a file of images at once to a different resolution. I use Photoshop cs and Photoshop elements.

Confused? help? Please, cheers, Sarah

No need to change the resolution. If the client is going to print them themselves, you may want to resize the images to a standard print size. Otherwise, the printing service can do that.

i'd be carerful of handing over hi-res images incase the client copies them for their own use without paying.
Have you thought about using ProShowGold or some other package to make a movie of the images? That way the images can be viewed on a TV using a DVD player and they can't be copied to reduce your sales to them.
You could even make a movie of the big day and sell that along with prints - i recently did a wedding and that was suggested to the newly weds. they thought it was a great idea.

Most reactions

Back