Restaurant Photos

Diddy2theJJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. Just finished a photo shoot for a restaurant and would love some C&C. Looking forward to your thoughts.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Second two are fine, first two ... ACK! The food's going to fall over! I've actually seen this a lot on food photos posted on this forum, where people seem to be tilting them at very high angles. I don't understand why - is it an industry standard with which I'm just unfamiliar? Seems to me if you need to tilt the food at dizzying angles to make it seem interesting, you haven't done a good enough job photographing it in the first place. The food should speak for itself, not the camera tilt.

I don't understand why - is it an industry standard with which I'm just unfamiliar?

I was talking to a photographer who did the Rower and Regatta cover photograph in 2009 May. It was a titled photograph, I ask him why; his response was along the lines of.

"Everyone does them flat, why not be different?"

True though isn't it? Regardless if it looks better its "different".

My only nit pick is the ice cream in the second one is hard to see because of the white background.

I find that I'm much more drawn to the photo if there are interesting lines in there and they are tilted. I don't tilt all of the pictures of course....but I like it to have a distinct look as well.

I appreciate the comments. I agree on the first shot that maybe level would've been better, but it doesn't bother me on the others.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back