Resting Before the Storm

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is another landscape I took while visiting in the midwest last week. C&C always welcome. I appreciate it, thanks. :)

restingbeforethestorm_700_sig.jpg

Thanks for looking!

NJ

pretty awesome, but looks like the cows are a bit overexposed....perhaps? I dono. I really like it...but it's hard on the eyes...maybe too bright...I dono.

I really like the sky in this one; it just looks like the horizon is off a little. I realize that it is hilly, but my head keeps wanting to tilt to straighten it out.

Where was this taken in the midwest?

my eye goes straight to the blown sky in the bottom left. I also think the color is off, was the sky really blue like that? If the sky was gray, I think the green grass would be more powerful. But as far as the composition goes, I think it's good.

I like the depth effect you've been getting on this MW series.

i would like to see more of a focus on the mammatus

Thanks again for the nice replies!

spiffybeth: Its very nice to have a meteorologist on the forum. I just wish I could find some mammatus clouds that were more pronounced and well-defined. Ive seen some that are huge illumunious sagging pockets, but was not able to capture them. :grumpy: Nevertheless, welcome to the forum! :)

do you go to storms or do you let them come to you?

ive only seen mammatus once in my life (i think it was this past july or august) and they were similar to the mammatus in your picture above but not nearly as dark.

do you go to storms or do you let them come to you?

ive only seen mammatus once in my life (i think it was this past july or august) and they were similar to the mammatus in your picture above but not nearly as dark.

Unfortunately, I let them come to me. So, in this particular case, i was lucky to see anything like it while I was visiting family and friends. I wish I had the time to go storm chasing, but with a family and day job, I rarely find time to go on photography outings. I am a huge fan of lightning shots, but have never been lucky enough to capture that either. Thanks for asking. :)

This shot is pretty nice, not quite at the level as some of your other (outstanding) photos, however. I'm not saying this one is bad at all, if I took this shot I would call it my best!

So anyways, good job. I really like the cows. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back