Restoration, please look

hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm restoring a very old photograph for a friend at work. This is what I've got so far. Keep in mind it was scanned on the scanner at work. So as far scanning goes, no advice there please, thats out of my hands.

I'm using Photoshop CS3. I told her I could "colorize" it a bit while keeping the vintage look. But, she was insistent on not colorizing any. I used Image > Exposure, and also levels to bring her out more. But any tips, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, in this posting, it is ok to edit this photo if you wish to demonstrate.

She doesnt want to print large format, just 4X6 on matte. So size should be fine.

Thanks in advance

grannyorig.jpg
grandmafinish.jpg

you seem to have brought out more noise than was there before...(maybe that's just cause it's more saturated...)

but it did turn out REALLY well. If it weren't for the scanning job it'd be almost perfect.

Yeah, I'm thinking thats a jpeg compression thing. This picture was so abused, it took a lot more than just running the filter. I'm hoping when it prints at the much smaller 4 by 6, that it wont be very visible, if at all. I'm fairly happy with the result, but I'm just thinking someone out there may enlighten me with something major I havent done.

Thanks for the reply ;)

oh yeah, I think your right, the saturation caused the noise.

Most reactions

Back