Retakes?

The way it works where I am from is everyone pays for their photos up front, you do not get an opportunity to see any proofs before you get your pictures and if you hate them, then there is a picture retake day (usually). You must return the old photos to get the new photos and if you hate the second ones then you are SOL. This is the standard practice for the big company that shoots the schools and sports.

I think in the future, I will shoot 2-3 tops for each kid (this is about as many as I did previously) and put them online for parents to view. There is no way I will be doing 6+ photos of each child as I could barely get the team photo done and then 60 individual pictures in a reasonable amount of time. They usually have practice right after and want to be done as soon as possible. Next year, I'm bringing a second shooter.

The only thing I'm worried about is parents being slow to choose. I will probably have to pick a date that they must choose their photo by, and if they don't, then it's not my fault if I pick one they don't like and they miss the retake day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back