Retouching Before And After.

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone here is a before and after of a retouching job i did for someone i know i will like some feedback and see what you guys think thank you all.

Before.
before.jpg

After.
AFTER.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, definitely looks better with the wall graffiti cloned out, and with the bit of saturation boost. Also, making the red wall fill the canvas really improves the feeling of the shot. That is the major-major improvement really.

i like the way the eyes of the person catches your attention right away. overall do you like the retouching of this image?

Yes, overall you have improved it. Making the background be the one, single, red masonry wall was the single biggest improvement to it; the original background with the other distance plane, and the keystoning on the edge of the wall looked substandard and sloppy. The retouching of the wall was a major improvement.

fixing the wall was definitely an improvement, as was getting rid of the graffiti.
its a shame the DOF wasn't a little deeper though. It would have been nice to have her hands in focus as well as the rest of her.

i should of upper the f stop i wasn't even thinking about that to be honest with you buddy PIXMEDIC

I think I'd go ahead and crop off the single row of exposed brick at the top of the frame.

i should of upper the f stop i wasn't even thinking about that to be honest with you buddy PIXMEDIC

dont get me wrong, its by no means a bad picture...
but my eyes are drawn to two things in the fixed picture.
her OOF right hand and ring, and the guitar strings being loose.

thank you that is why i love this forum its going to help me improve my photography skills so much im going to start my 365 days project next month.

While we're in nit-pick mode, a critical habit to develop if you're going to shoot portraiture is the 'details circle': Hair? Okay. Glasses? Straight and not reflecting. Necklace? Centered on the cleavage, clasp not visible. Bra-straps? Not visible. Watch/bracelets? Turned right-way 'round. Rings? Turned right way 'round.... oops... missed that one! ;) Again, as with the guitar strings, it's a very small detail, but these small details are what separate the pro from the facebook fauxtographer! The ring on her left hand has rotated about 30 degrees.

Definitely much better after retouching! The original one looks washed out and a little blurry as I can see on her right hand, the retouched one makes her face warmer with some added color.

Thank you so much 123rfanna for the comment I'm trying to get some retouching jobs and I hope this image and some other images will help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work. I have to agree that the single line of bricks could go and if you replaced the guitar strings with some nice straight, tight ones it would help.
What's the old saying? "The devils in the details!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back