Retouching/ technique?

Meaghanwozniak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay I'm not 100% positive where to post this so sorry but I was just wondering how to achieve this effect in Photoshop or what I can do while photographing to create this?

I know ... It's Kylie Jenner ... But this is the only photo I can find that describes the effect I want; where it looks really smooth and super dewy. I also really like the colours in the hair, etc ... Anyone have any tips at all? I understand this was under a blacklight or something? How does one photograph under a blacklight and get that result? Sorry for all the questions! I just want to understand it

Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, you're going to be admonished for posting a photo that's not yours. You'll need to remove it and post a link to it.

Regarding the processing.....or more accurately, the intense over processing.........there are countless tutorials showing how to process portraits like this. This picture looks to me like it has been processed to the point where it's no longer even a photo, it's more a drawing. I had no clue who it even was had you not mentioned it.

But if that's what you like then it's fairly easy to do depending on your software and your ability to use it. Start by studying tutorials on skin processing and as you learn that you'll begin to see what steps lead to this over the top look. It's simply skin work carried to the nth degree.

Post the link and I can give you some ideas.

Most reactions

Back