retro wedding

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
shots from the late 1800 quaker wedding reenactment. Bear in mind there was no flash in 1800 and none on my retro cameras. Pictures appear pretty much as they would have in that time period ( I think)

bride1sm.jpg

bride%20and%20ministersm.jpg

groome%20and%20ministersm.jpg

groomesm.jpg

http://free.000angels.com/retroshooter/groomesm.jpg

I like them all. They appear natural and I don’t mind the “white blowout”, it adds to the mood. I notice a lack of contrast, is that on purpose and would it ruin the overall effect you are after?

I understand......you've achived your goal. What about a slight yellowing/browninsh tint, for that aging effect?

I applied a aged sepia then degraded it... The whites aren't really quite white they are more a faded white. The blacks are actually a dark brown tint.

They seem to be pretty close to a faded alubumin look. I see a lot that look this way on the net and antique road show.

Now and then I do a salt print shot but they are a little off the scale. The old original salt prints were red and white.

Now I recall what sliver salt is.....thanks.

I gather you still have a darkroom set up and process your B&Ws. That's great.

Actually yes and no. Its a daylight darkroom.. I load stuff inside of a changing bag converted to a tiny little tabletop room by the use of cardboard boxes. Then I load into negative holders or into daylight tanks most of the tanks I built myself. Matter of fact that's todays project.

I building new four by five daylight tank from a piece of 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe.

These are amazing - they really do capture the essence of period photography. :thumbup: The couple must be thrilled.

Thanks for posting these!

They are boyfriend and girl friend it was a real wedding. It is just a reenactment but I thought it turned out okay.

You should see the full sized tiff files they are beautiful.

And yes I am processing up to 4x5 film in home made daylight tanks then I just scan the negs since I cant work in the dark. My balance is gone along with my memory. I dangerous in low light situations. But the digital darkroom works well for me.

Sounds you need guide wires around your waist connected to sky hooks.
..........Damn, as old as you are you need all the help you can get!!! :lol:

If you didn't lie on your profile, :wink: I've got you be 6 years....old man!

I haven't play tennis in years....golf yes, it's a much slower game.

OK, where in NC are you?

Most reactions

Back