Return of the Husker

HollandHusker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a long time being away from thephotoforum I decided to come back and post my pictures again. Not without a reason because I finally managed to get a new camera: Nikon D70s :thumbup:
I am really enjoying the camera and I have been shooting around all weekend. I will share three pictures right now, and I'd really like some critiques and comments since I am mostly experimenting with this (for me) new camera. So don't be ashamed every comment is welcome!:D

#1 (I feel this one has lost color and I don't know why, could it be the RAW to JPG conversion?)

dsc_9166-1.jpg

croppedbee.jpg

#3 (my new wallpaper)

DSC_9399.jpg

I especially like the last one, but think they could all do with bringing to life a little. The colours seem a little bland, especially the first one as you mentioned. Try playing with contrast and saturation, or ideally play with the curves.

I've only just started using curves and what it can do to a photo is amazing

I like the composures, but the last one would be much better for me if that brown (dead?) leaf that cutsthrough the tail wasn't there, its a little distracting from the subject.

I especially like the last one, but think they could all do with bringing to life a little. The colours seem a little bland, especially the first one as you mentioned. Try playing with contrast and saturation, or ideally play with the curves.

I've only just started using curves and what it can do to a photo is amazing

You are right, it's strange because they all look fine when viewed in photoshop. I'll try playing with the curves on the JPG 's!
And for the dead leaf, I saw it too, but could not help it, I was afraid to scare him away. He finally did fly off and I followed for a while but never could get any close to him after this shot. Thanks for your comment!

Darn, played with the curves on photoshop, looks awesome just like the original. Uploaded it to photobucket and my colors are gone. What can I do? Is it an idea to upload to a different website?

Heya Husker. Good to see you again, and we see that you are really enjoying the macro possibilities of your new camera.
Yes, all the photos look a bit "pale" --- try www.fastpictures.com (only drawback: upload of just one photo at a time) - I am quite happy with those.

Normally, though, I get to see the same photo loaded into Photobucket as I do when I view them on my computer out of my own files, no loss in colours ever... :scratch:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back