Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Opinions welcomed...

2199693153_904276a525_o.jpg

I like it, does seem abit over exposed but the comp is great!

That's probably the processing if anything - it seems OK on my monitor. Here's the shot pre-conversion (including my shadow). Nothing done to this other than a straight RAW to JPG conversion, a resize and a little USM.

2200735915_e0d211cb84_o.jpg

Looks good Chris.

Cheers Abraxas.

I'm just wondering whether I might be able to get an improved tonal range on these sorts of shots by deliberately under/over exposing the initial image. The other alternative might be to look at HDR as an option and convert from there - without going mad that is...

Cheers Abraxas.

I'm just wondering whether I might be able to get an improved tonal range on these sorts of shots by deliberately under/over exposing the initial image. The other alternative might be to look at HDR as an option and convert from there - without going mad that is...

It may be worth a try. I prefer going a full stop under myself. If the light is real harsh try the shadow/highlight adjustment to bring out the tone in the shadows. Possibly use a circular polarization filter? Schedule permitting, maybe shoot more towards sunrise or sunset. I'd think that'd bring out all kinds of goodies to work with. That looks like a great location to try things out.

It's really the depth of tone I'm looking for in the shadows more than anything, so I'll perhaps rework this one a little from the RAW file (just have to make sure I don't offend Max's blown highlight sensibilities in the process :mrgreen:)

Shots look good. Was it you who said that you found this ship on google earth in a post a few months back?

I didn't find it as such - tb2 showed me the Google link - if you search on Wyre Wrecks, you'll find it in here somewhere

before converting to black and white, apply a red filter to the image. or mess with the RGB channels in photoshop to get the same effect. this will produce some interesting tonal differences

Most reactions

Back