voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Without all those pesky TPF members around ;) Well Malachite and Photogoddess met us up there... We didn't have a whole lot of time to shoot photos. We arrived Friday at around 3:30 but by the time Mike and Tammy showed up it the light was gone. So Mike and I drove around in the morning but found s#$% for lighting so we returned to fill up on bacon at the breakfast buffet. We headed up towards the Temple of Seniwava and stopped a couple of times up the road to snap a few photos.

zionfall02.jpg

zionfall03.jpg

Michael was kind enough to let me try out the R72 filter and I grabbed this shot. Which is the same exact location for a shot from our first trip up that I turned to IR in photoshop.

zionir01.jpg

After parking the lighting was kinda cool so I snapped a few photos. I knew from the first trip that the lighting on this trail would create 0 photo opps.

zionfall01.jpg

Here's one I thought looked good as a panoramic.

zionpano.jpg

Here's a picture from the trail. I grabbed one picture with the IR filter and one without. The color shot was pasted on top and the blending mode changed to color.

zionir02.jpg

After mulling around Springdale we caught the end of the light. I setup this shot when the light was barely touching the rock in the foreground. By the time I snapped it was gone. The rest of the shots are me chasing the last of the light.

zionfall04.jpg

zionfall05.jpg

zionfall06.jpg

Really nice shots :thumbup: The blended shot is great with the bright sun lit trees, and the soft water!

Great photos! #2 is my favorite :D I'm glad you guys had a nice time!

:shock: red rock....red rock....red rock...... :slap!:

Oh, excuse me. um. Yes. So, Zion.....:drool:

I wonder if everyone appreciates how BIG that place is, how hard it is to capture a tiny slice in the viewfinder and convey the majesty that way..... :love:

Beautiful work, Voods!! The light in the last few is just gorgeous. I wish the image sizes were bigger. :sniff:

So, there're more shots coming? Yes? :)

those shots are just gorgeous.... i think you did a great job capturing the beauty... really makes me wanna visit.....

this is the voodoo that you do so well....( i couldnt resist...sorry, been dying to say that since i read your name ages ago....)

I wonder if everyone appreciates how BIG that place is, how hard it is to capture a tiny slice in the viewfinder and convery the majesty that way.....
And how much of a pain in the ass it is to get any good lighting. By the time the sun is over the canyon wall, it's high in the sky.

this is the voodoo that you do so well....( i couldnt resist...sorry, been dying to say that since i read your name ages ago....)
:lol:

And how much of a pain in the ass it is to get any good lighting. By the time the sun is over the canyon wall, it's high in the sky.
This is true. Southern Utah, and especially areas like Zion and Bryce Canyon, is a land deep contrasts - with the brightest of vivid blue skies and the deepest of dark shadows. So while it is complete eye candy to behold, it is also a challenge to shoot.

I consider it my duty to get out there as often as possible until I have mastered it. :mrgreen:

And for night photography, it's a photographer's dream! I'm thinking this time of year it was out of the question to get out there at night. brr-r-r-r-r-r.......

How did Noah like it?? :heart: :)

How did Noah like it??
Noah loved the fruit from the breakfast buffet the most ;)

He loved it there. He had permagrin when we were hiking which put smiles on everyone's face that passed us going the other way.

voodoocat said:
Noah loved the fruit from the breakfast buffet the most ;)

He loved it there. He had permagrin when we were hiking which put smiles on everyone's face that passed us going the other way.
And I don't suppose you have a single shot of him with his permagrin. :x

hmmm.....?

The lighting was TERRIBLE!!! You did an awesome job on these. I don't think I got anything on digital that's useable and I'll have to get my *ahem* film developed to see if I got anything at all. :lol: Yes I did capture the permagrin. I'll send you some to post tonight. :mrgreen:

very nice...thanks for sharing Chad.

i'd love to visit there some day.

Most reactions

Back