Reverse and Step Down/Up Rings setup -- Help appreciated

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody!

After some reading on the subject, I've decided to try a reverse ring as an attempt to shoot macro on a budget. Kinda like the idea of the 6:1 magnification I could get with my current lenses.
The only problem I see with this, is that I'd also need to get some step down/up rings in order to mount the 28-300mm and a 50mm together. So, first of all, I'm a little concerned about the stability/security of mounting all these rings in between of the two lenses... I don't want to jeopardize the lenses.

Based on this, have 2 questions for you:

1) Which step down/up rings should I need to get to match the 77mm diameter of the 28-300 with the 58mm diameter of the 50mm lens? I've read a few articles about this but I'm still a little confused :(
2) Do you think the stability/security would be an issue here?

Of course I'll aim to get the best reverse ring I can find, so any suggestions or links would also be much appreaciated! :)

Thank you all very much in advance and have a nice day!

Regards,
Martin

You simply need at adapter ring with the proper filter size for each lens.

For instance, if one lens has 58mm filter threads and the other has 67mm, you need a 58mm/67mm adapter ring.

You simply need at adapter ring with the proper filter size for each lens.

For instance, if one lens has 58mm filter threads and the other has 67mm, you need a 58mm/67mm adapter ring.

Forgot to thank you for your response. :)

Most reactions

Back