Reverse macro of flies

swiftparkour94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
50mm f/1.8 reversed on a Canon T3i body, RAW. First 2 the on camera pop up flash was used, and last 2 I followed others advice of diffusing the flash with a sheet of normal printer paper folded and tapped a certain fashion directly in front of it. All have been post processed in Photoshop particularly for softening up harsh glares, increasing contrast, sharpening, and cropping. CC much appreciated and I hope those that saw my previous macro post see this one as well :)

Attachments

• $image-681422585.jpg
    $image-681422585.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 123
  • $image-80659917.jpg
    $image-80659917.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 119
  • $image-3816478676.jpg
    $image-3816478676.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 109
  • $image-3380318954.jpg
    $image-3380318954.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 105
How do I bump threads?

How do I bump threads?

Just like that :D By posting you bump it.

I really like number four. The flash diffuser didn't appear to work all that effectively. Check this out, it has some very neat DIY flash diffuser ideas.

ryanwaff said:
Just like that :D By posting you bump it.

I really like number four. The flash diffuser didn't appear to work all that effectively. Check this out, it has some very neat DIY flash diffuser ideas.

I know, it was a joke :p

It worked better compared to my last one without it. I'll check out your link, thanks!

Bump. Anyone else have CC?

Boop.bump.boopitybump.

At least for those of us in the US, and especially those of us in the Eastern US, those 1:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. bumps aren't necessarily garnering you much visibility. ;)

I like the first and last shots; pretty decent for what you're working with. Before I had OCF and other better equipment for macro, I tried a couple of things. One was sort of similar to the "poor man's ring flash" in the link from ryanwaff above.
The other was kind of my own little softbox/gary fong diffuser thing. It was a little cardboard box cut to fit onto the pop-up flash, then covered with either wax paper or doubled tissue paper (like gift wrap tissue paper). I tended to like the lighting I got from the tissue paper the best.

sm4him said:
At least for those of us in the US, and especially those of us in the Eastern US, those 1:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. bumps aren't necessarily garnering you much visibility. ;)

I like the first and last shots; pretty decent for what you're working with. Before I had OCF and other better equipment for macro, I tried a couple of things. One was sort of similar to the "poor man's ring flash" in the link from ryanwaff above.
The other was kind of my own little softbox/gary fong diffuser thing. It was a little cardboard box cut to fit onto the pop-up flash, then covered with either wax paper or doubled tissue paper (like gift wrap tissue paper). I tended to like the lighting I got from the tissue paper the best.

Thanks and thanks for the idea! I'll give these a shot! :)

Yeah. I think you got the magnification thing right. Now to work on the light and figure out how to give the right amount of wrap, and hardness/softness. Using diffusers that Sharon mentioned is a start, but you'll find that good lighting is really important to give good definition to your subject, even in the macro field.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back