Review: Apollo Atilla bag

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally purchased a bag. I couldnt use my book bag with my stuff thrown in there any longer. I was looking for something inexpensive, with the ability to hold a DSLR and SLR, with room for a few normal length lenses. I would love to have gotten a Lowepro, but couldnt afford it.

Throughout much searching I finally decided to go with the Apollo Atilla bag on ebay. I was around $55 total. It had a unique look that was more fitting for me, and didnt scream "I have a lot of money worth of photo equipment inside!"The bag arrived in about 5 days from payment, packaged decently (not like you could really damage a bag in shipping.)

The outside has an elastic netting over the front with an elastic drawstring too keep smaller things in. I have yet to figure out what the strap that clips in front is for, but Im sure I will find a use. (I believe this bag is intended for skateboard photo/video, so that may be a way to hold a board?)
bag1.jpg

There are large black nylon straps in the sides of the bag and also a carry handle on the top. The straps will soon be modified to hold a tripod.
bag2.jpg

The rear has the shoulder staps as well as a hip strap to distribute the weight more evenly. The shoulder straps also have a clip that allows you to connect the together in the front for a more comfortable fit.
bag3.jpg

There are 2 main compartments. The front one has a pocket for pens and other small things you may want to carry on you. I will be able to fit my photo book and spiral for class in it, which is a huge plus.
bag5.jpg

The main compartment is very well protected. All the exterior has a thick (over 1") dense foam padding. Each of the individual deviders are held in place by very strong velcro. I almost couldnt remove them! There are 2 long dividers, and 8 smaller dividers. The long dividers have avelcro strap to hold a body firmly in place.
bag4.jpg

After configuring the main compartment, I decided I need more lenses! I have my D50, an F70, 50 mm lens, 55-210 mm lens, and the 18-50 mm lens. Also I have my filters, charger, and lots of film securely in the compartments. I made another strap to hold the F70 in place with some velcro I had lying around. I also have 3 more dividers that are not even in use, so there were more than enough supplied.
bag6.jpg

The front part of the main compartment has 2 elastic netting compartments that close with zippers. One was large enough to hold both instruction manuals (you never know when you need to try something new!) and the other is perfect for cable releases, batteries, memory, ect.
bag7.jpg

All in all, I am happy with this bag. It didnt cost me an arm and a leg. I am positive it can protect my equipment with the thick foam. Asthetically, it is more my style.

On the down side, there was no tripod straps. Not a hard fix, but still requires time. The shoulder straps could also be a little wider, or have slightly more padding on them. They arent bad, but my regular book bag is a little more comfortable.

nice bag. i didnt know apollo made photo bags. the make mostly skate and snow apparel and accessories.i actually have 3 apollo bags, and now will be looking to ad a photo bag to the arsenal.

Most reactions

Back