Review my Wordpress website

ColeGauthier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!

Just wondering if you guys wanted to give a quick look at my website. Please note that it's still a work in progress since many pages aren't finished, such as the About Me page. I am working on the front page and making sure every image represents my style.

I used the theme Jphotolio with Wordpress. It looks and works great and it scales up to my 24" monitor and all the way down to my iPhone.

Gauthier Photography

Thanks for looking! :)

Quite nice layout and very good photos. Are you going to run the blog on your site?

Quite nice layout and very good photos. Are you going to run the blog on your site?

Yes sir! That's the main reason I wanted to stick with Wordpress. I agree it a pretty nice layout for 40$, although it's quite a lot more for web hosting and domain name :)

It ran very slow on my mac.....your site map link is broken.....has a nice look

Thanks for the feedback! May I ask what parts of the site ran slow on your mac? I will be testing this site on Safari soon.

Mully said:
It was all over slow so I only looked at part of it ...I was on Safari...../ could not get it to load on my iPad.

This is strange because it loads fine on my iPhone and iPad mini. It's a tad sluggish on Safari though.

Yes sir! That's the main reason I wanted to stick with Wordpress. I agree it a pretty nice layout for 40$, although it's quite a lot more for web hosting and domain name :)

Good for you :) Let us know when you'll start blogging!

Hey guys!

Just wondering if you guys wanted to give a quick look at my website. Please note that it's still a work in progress since many pages aren't finished, such as the About Me page. I am working on the front page and making sure every image represents my style.

I used the theme Jphotolio with Wordpress. It looks and works great and it scales up to my 24" monitor and all the way down to my iPhone.

Gauthier Photography

Great site! All the best to you Gauthier!

Hey guys!

Gauthier Photography

Great site! All the best to you Gauthier!

Thank you sir! Same to you as well! :)

Looks great! Its very clean and easy to navigate. Love your family photos and black and whites! Would you recommend Wordpress? I'm considering it for my new website/blog, I'm looking for something that is user friendly to navigate, I'm not versed on doing my own coding :)

Looks great! Its very clean and easy to navigate. Love your family photos and black and whites! Would you recommend Wordpress? I'm considering it for my new website/blog, I'm looking for something that is user friendly to navigate, I'm not versed on doing my own coding :)

Thank you! I would highly recommend Wordpress, there support and CMS is great! However, get a paid photography template, they usually run between 40-60$, you won't regret it. That's what I did. Check this site out Premium WordPress Themes, Web Templates, Mobile Themes | ThemeForest
If you have a slightly bigger budget I would be looking at SquareSpace, though the only problem with them is if you start blogging you can't transfer over their data to Wordpress or any other blogging platform.

Great site and great photos! I wish I had the know how to do a wordpress site like that. I'm stuck using template sites like 4ormat.

Great site and great photos! I wish I had the know how to do a wordpress site like that. I'm stuck using template sites like 4ormat.

It's very easy! All you is a good web host who will let you install Wordpress through the cpanel and then buy a premium theme. I would do yourself a big favor and learn some CSS and HTML. Learning PHP and Javascript will come with time if you experiment with the website files, since a website should always be evolving to something better :)

It's very easy! All you is a good web host who will let you install Wordpress through the cpanel and then buy a premium theme. I would do yourself a big favor and learn some CSS and HTML. Learning PHP and Javascript will come with time if you experiment with the website files, since a website should always be evolving to something better :)

I know a little CSS and HTML, I initially created my site with dreamweaver but it wasn't so great.
I also have wordpress installed in my godaddy account I just never really found a good walkthrough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back