Dikkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm wondering if you guys do....

But I , apparently, always feel the urge to go back to the same location to shoot the same photo again, when:
- the weather conditions are better
- the colours are diffent in another season
- I went there in daytime and want to see the result at night
- I have new gear

I want to argue about the last one. If you buy a new lens, with a lot more quality than the other lens you had (for example a kitlens), wouldn't you feel the urge to revisit previous locations of your favourite shots to redo them?

Mainly I reshoot things after I have a definite idea for doing it better. Which is pretty often..

I frequently go back to the same places to reshoot the scene. Sometimes it's because of different conditions, sometimes it's because I'd like to make a better quality image, sometimes it's to shoot it at a different angle. Sometimes it's just "Because."

.........I want to argue about the last one. If you buy a new lens, with a lot more quality than the other lens you had (for example a kitlens), wouldn't you feel the urge to revisit previous locations of your favourite shots to redo them?

I often do, and do so in a heartbeat.

I've never revisit locations just because I got better gear. For me the key is the light instead of the gear.

A lot of locations are only usable seasonally because the Sun's path through the sky changes as a result of Earth's tilted rotational axis and revolution around the Sun. Analemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love the low in the southern sky winter light the Sun delivers here in Iowa, even at mid-day. But, it's usually way to cold/windy to be shooting on location.

Maybe it depends on how many different locations you have on your list.

I have revisited a location with a particular shot in mind, but usually I'll go back just because you never see everything no matter how many times you visit a location.

Sometimes it's just "Because."
True.

When I revisit, it's only for locations that are quickly reachable, like within 20 miles around me.
I'm not going to travel to another country to redo my holidays photos... of course.

But in cities, the skyline can change often, buildings are replaced by higher ones,... city-scenes move fast.

The problem is that I mostly have a dilemma, caused by time:
- too much other new locations I want to visit.
- finding time to revisit old locations.

Which of them is my priority?
I'm mostly too curious for the new locations than spending my time on old locations.

Mainly I reshoot things after I have a definite idea for doing it better. Which is pretty often..

I do this a lot too. Or if it didn't 'go right' the first time.

You know, sometimes you get a déjà vu by revisiting locations.
Someone has a good manual to shoot or to avoid shooting déjà vu's ?

I do this a lot too. Or if it didn't 'go right' the first time.

^^ Ditto to these ^^

I think almost every decent shot I have, I have gone back to under different lighting/seasons/time of day, they all make such a difference, not necessarily better, just different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back