RF Shutter release

Mully

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.robertmulliganphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who makes a good reliable RF shutter release that can transmit 300-400 ft for a Nikon D5000. I purchased an Aputure Coworker II from China but I can not get the transmitter to pair up with the receiver so I have to return it ...what a PITA, so I want to stay with something from a US distributer. What have you guys used that you like.

I use my pocket wizards like that... a TT5 on the camera with a cable. I also have a inexpensive wireless release I use, but have never tested the range...

I've got pretty much the same RF release Charlie linked to... works reliably to 100' or so, but never tested it further.

i've had this yongnuo mc-36r for a little over a year with complete success.I couldn't find its range when i just checked,but I know I've been using it in the 80-100' range.

Thanks Charlie..... Looks good and the price is right. Do you know a photographer in CO Howard Sokel?..... I went to school with him.

Anytime, Mully! No.. don't know him!

Last edited:
shefjr said:
I purchased the same one 480sparky has. It is great I have never tested its limits for distance but sparky did a great review on it and I believe he said it worked past 800feet.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...cts/249753-pixel-tw-282-rf-remote-review.html

"235meters" is what Ken states in his review.
I bought mine a couple months ago for $45 on amazon.

Yea.. the Pixels are supposed to be higher quality than most, too! Good call!

I wonder if the "rebranded" one that sparky notes is of the same quality?

Second for the vello release. Came in a kit from B&H along with a battery grip, and it's worked flawlessly. don't know the range

I'm using a Phottix Strato II setup for both flash triggers and remote function. I think they work great for $100. Phottix claims a range of 150 meters, however I will never know the range maximum because I will never get that far away from my camera.

Most reactions

Back