RIAT - The other end of the runway...

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
My first time at an airshow with my camera, met Lostprophet and Hoppy which was nice.

Apart from the 4 hour drive in for 35 miles, it was a good day - missed the thunderbirds and the stealth thingy and a few others, but saw glimpses of them from the surrounding coutryside :er:

Here's a few...

Lancaster Bomber
CRW_3450.jpg

The Italian Job
CRW_3472.jpg

Hercules
CRW_3580.jpg

BBMF - bit annoyed I didn't use shutter priority on them!
IMG_0161.jpg

Jet??
IMG_0204.jpg

Red Arrows
IMG_0290.jpg

More Here... (click)

(4 hour drive in for 35 miles???!!! Yikes)

Wonderful shots! Looks like we have another member of the aviation photogs union (APU for short..heh heh)

No need to tell me about the traffic, it was a total farce, last two years it has only taken 1hr 45min but yesterday it was 3.5hrs! I missed the first 1.5 hours of flying, just one of the reasons I couldn't be bothered to go back today.

To be honest you didn't miss much by missing The Thunderbirds, they were very slow and their display was a bit dull.

Like the low level Herc and Lanc shots, shame about the Spits and Hurricane, I've lost count of the times I've forgot to change shutter speeds for prop planes.

Great shot of the Reds, and I just love the short of the guy in the red t-shirt on your site :lol: think thats a Spitfire Ale T-shirt he is wearing

yeah nice shots, i know what you mean with the spitfires etc, what shutter range would create the spinning rota but a crisp photo?

(4 hour drive in for 35 miles???!!! Yikes)

Wonderful shots! Looks like we have another member of the aviation photogs union (APU for short..heh heh)

It's not me, it's my wife! ;)

At the finale of the show when they blew the place up, I was with Lostprophet at the western end of the runway, she was sat at the eastern end. My son was with me, and his phone rang - passed it to me and it was my wife whoopin and a hollerin (for want of a better term) thats all she phoned for - nuts she is!

Goldeeno - less than 1/3200" would probably be good :D I'm no expert, but the lanc was at 1/200" so somehwere around there or a bit slower I think - need to pan a bit to keep em focussed though

I really like the last one. There's just something about it that's more appealing to me than the others. Nice pictures though!

That last shot of the arrows is the money shot! Really liked 'the italian job' too.

Great set of shots.
Good to meet you to. Tho I didn't seem to have much trouble with the traffic as I rode past. Thank you to all car drivers for noticing bikes......

:greenpbl:

My missus kept saying that the bikers were cheaters and that I should move the car to the middle of the road so they have to go through the hedge - I wouldn't be that nasty ;)

Cheers all!

Wow great shots. I'm looking forward to our next airshow.

That Herc capture is great, looks as big as it really is. And the jet wash from the F16 is a cool effect.

Nice job.

...more Brit aircraft. I admire British airframes, would've loved photos of Spitfires, Hurricanes and others. Wonderful photos, by the way.

What aircraft were the Italians flying? T38's?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back