Richmond Blues

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw a street musician today, made 10 shots, came home and realised that I actually missed it: each and every shot has its flaws and I failed to capture "that moment".
I have never shot musicians before and today I learned that there are several things I had to watch for.
What do you watch for when you shoot a performing guitarist? Which of my shots here are better in your opinion? Thanks.

1/
$Richmond Blues 4 DSC_6090.jpg

2/
$Richmond Blues  2 DSC_6099.jpg

3/
$Richmond Blues 3 DSC_6084.jpg

Last edited:
Probably this one..
5/

$Richmond Blues 8.1 DSC_6103.jpg

Last edited:
This one is probably a big obvious that you noticed as soon as you got them on your comp - get that music stand out of the way. It blocks so much of the shot.

Other tips people always give - try not to crop guitar headstocks, elbows, things like that. Your #3 and #4 shots would be great if you stepped to the right a few steps to get that music stand out of the way, and opened up just a hair to get the full guitar, or at least the whole portion of the body.

This one is probably a big obvious that you noticed as soon as you got them on your comp - get that music stand out of the way. It blocks so much of the shot.

Other tips people always give - try not to crop guitar headstocks, elbows, things like that. Your #3 and #4 shots would be great if you stepped to the right a few steps to get that music stand out of the way, and opened up just a hair to get the full guitar, or at least the whole portion of the body.

Thanks, agree - chopped elbows and guitar neck was what I was really disappointed with. i also realised that when he is staring at the sheet music he does not look interesting. When he looks at his guitar neck it changes all.

I would rather you had been a few feet to the right so the stand isn't in the way.

Agree, it is so obvious now. But somehow I completely overlooked it, trying to get a decent background.

Last edited:
Keep one of these on your cell phone or card or something for next time you see something like this - kind of to remember all the "nots"

Most reactions

Back