Ridiculously slow shipping

sultan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just want to express my discontent with Henry's (in Canada) ridiculously slow shipping.

I had ordered a lens from them last week and they had promised it for Friday. I was hoping to use the lens on the weekend. Friday - no call. Saturday - called and not there, said it will be there Monday (today). Call today - confused sounding person says that a shipment had come in but they haven't opened the box and it may or may no be there. They said to call again tomorrow and it may be there or it may be next week. WTF? If you order online, it comes to your house in 1-2 days. If you order from the store and plan on picking it up, shouldn't it come the next day? Or at least in a couple of days?

Am I alone or have other people been irritated by Henry's and other camera shops?

They're just box shifters. That's all they are. In-store orders are not what they're set up to do. I recommend just ordering online and cutting out all the sleazeballs in between.

There's a typical scenario I used to experience a lot. The local shops only carry junk - you order something and it never ever comes in. It's always allegedly ordered. You go in a few days later when the guy who allegedly took the order isn't there and get them to check the books - never been ordered. It's what I call a UK special. It's what I always experienced in the UK but nowhere else.

Most reactions

Back