Riding for the Disabled...

What an awesome thing! I have heard many stories about riding horses and the disabled. My wife was disabled in a car wreck many years ago, and she has missed horseback riding terribly. I think the human/horse bond can be strong, and a small child in command and astride of a 1,600 pound animal can bring a sense of empowerment that is simply unattainable in any other way...

Thank you so much for sharing these with us here at TPF. My heart swells with pride in you and your fatherly love for this darling little one.

Thanks Derrel. And you're right about empowerment...if there's one thing Annie needs to know, it is that SHE can choose to do things, and SHE can control them. That will set her up better in later life. She may well be an independant woman, we don't know yet, and if we can give her that start, then that's one of the best things we can do. :)

Cheers again.

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing them!
Your daughter is adorable. And by the look of that pony's expression, I think she's got a new best buddy in Whispers. That must have been incredible to watch :)

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing them!
Your daughter is adorable. And by the look of that pony's expression, I think she's got a new best buddy in Whispers. That must have been incredible to watch :)

Thank you. And it was great to watch! :thumbup:

You're a good person Craig.
Proud to know you, via this medium.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back