right eye or left?

troome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
what eye do you use ? and is your other eye open or closed?
- i shoot with my left eye and my right is sometimes open and sometimes squinting........just curious.......thanks for replies
:!: edit my dad had complained one day that some of his equipment was right eye biased- ie f5 (your nose hits the controls!)(big nose!!) so i asked why did he start using his left eye and not the right,,,,,,,he just told me he was legally blind in that eye :scratch:

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've never really thought about it.

But, it turns out I use my right eye and usually tend to have my left eye open most of the time.

Interesting question though...I'd like to hear how this varies from person to person.

M

MDowdey

I use good old lefty(since the right one is glass). sorry, just kidding. I use left and always close right.

md

skoffphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use my left eye and my right is usually open when I have to watch people. I'm also left handed and being that the left hand is controlled by the right side of the brain ........... I guess that makes me right in the head. Steve

I do close the right eye to focus though.

n_ersha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm left handed for writing and thats about all. I use right for throwing and catching and holdig the main weight of the camera and cutting with scissors.

For looking through the camera i use my right eye with my left eye closed. Interesting seeing how everyone does it

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Both actually. Well, why look at the lcd with just one eye? :lol:

Okay, with a viewfinder I'm right-eyed, unless it's a fast moving subject when I'm just as likely to keep both eyes open until right before I trip the shutter. Helps me track moving objects better. Or at least it used to, I haven't tried it lately. :)

Jim

jazze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use my right eye and close my left. An instructor in a photography class I took said that you should keep both eyes open, but I just can't get use to doing that. :wink:

meinhare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
for me it depends on the angle I have to shoot. Sometimes if I'm doing ultra closeups, I will have to switch eyes to get just the right angle I'm looking for. Most times though I shoot with my right eye in the viewfinder and left eye closed. For me, keeping both eyes open is a needless distraction, although when shooting sports it is certainly a good idea!!! ;-)

Nikki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use my right eye and close my left... and I think I noticed the crows feet on my left eye getting worse than my right!! LOL... might have to train myself to use both!

M

MDowdey

Nikki said:
I use my right eye and close my left... and I think I noticed the crows feet on my left eye getting worse than my right!! LOL... might have to train myself to use both!

I like this one already. we need more humor around here! :D

md

Damien

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
I'm very strange. My right eye is the one I always use even though it is a lot weaker than my left. The sight in my right eye, with glasses is just about strong enough to hold a driving licence. Also with glasses the sight in my left eye is good enough to read all the letters on the opticians board. I suppose its a bad habit I've got into. I will have to experiment with my left eye.

My right eye probably sees everything as soft focus :wink:

TwistMyArm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I usually look through the view finder with my left eye and close my right eye, but because I read this the other day I decided to try keeping them both open. I liked it. I find if I'm trying to get a composition just right and I'm looking through the vf for a long period of time my eye starts to bug me and sometimes impair my judgment as far as the focus goes. That's not the case when I keep both eyes open.

Most reactions

New Topics