right place for this!

mohit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildlywise.com
I did post this in the landscape and nature forum to try and find out what people thought of this but i realise this is the place to really do it.apologies as just a day old on tpf :) i love this but have received varied responses to it. its an abstract i shot of a lake floor beneath the water surface at a bird sanctuary. the effect of the sun on the water created a crazy blurred yet not blurred effect i wanted to capture to add to the abstractness (any such word?!?!) of the image.I'm open to your bouquets and brickbats now!
04.jpg

I'd be curious to know what the varied responses are; because as I see it it is simply a beautiful piece of fine art. It resembles an impressionist landscape to me.
seriously; this is abstract photographic art at a high level mohit. I'd frame it and put it on a wall. :thumbsup:

:hail: thanks so much both of you.well...Jon, some people thought similar to you (my sister has framed it and put it up in her office :) ) and many others have reacted positively to it. However, there are many who felt i'd gone a bit overboard on the creative bit (dont know how anyone can overdo creativity though!) while others just dismissed it as rubbish. I put it on trek and hardly got any viewings - leave alone comments.but now the majority is swinging my way :lmao:

Simply put: abstract is a hard sell.

I love it tho :D You haven't mentioned any post-processing and I'm assuming there was none (which would be awesome!). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I simply cannot believe this is an untouched photo. Nice - but it really looks like you did some major PS work or used a brush and oils.

Still I like it.

thanks guys! i have no idea how to make you believe that there has been no touch up at all - its part of my collection that is with a gallery and the prints have been made directly from slides. all you have to remember is that nature is the greatest artist.also let me explain why some of it looks like painting strokes.As i said i was standing on a barrage.the gates were slightly open, so the water was gently flowing out from the lake into the canal.so the impression of strokes. the colours are all nature's doing. the different colour on the right edge is because that part was not submerged and probably the bleaching effect of sunlight had faded out the stuff there.the masterful stroke of nature that made this more abstract and painterly are the tiny ripples in the flowing water that were catching the sunlight and give the picture an impression that makes it difficult for the viewer to really be able to focus on specific stuff to some extent.I hope that satisfies you to some extent tmpadmin.If it doesn't then i'm even happier as it tells me i've got a real once in a lifetime shot here :)

thanks raymond! thats the nicest compliment! because i feel the eye is everything. with today's tech, its not so difficult to get most of the settings etc right. thanks again and a very happy new year to you and everyone alse reading this :)

Most reactions

Back