Right Place, Wrong Time

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would have liked to spend several days shooting this formation during sunrise and sunset- Maybe in a few weeks.

400-1818.jpg

Looks like one more of THE field trip formations for young students of geology!
Do you spend long hours on the roads to get to these various places or are all these "on your doormat", as it were?
And how do you hear about these places to begin with? Geology forums?

The thing that strikes me most about this photo is the noise.
Am I imagining noise or is this grainy-ness that I see just part of the landscape, I wonder? Presentation is a bit small to really tell...

This place was about 20-25 miles into the backcountry, starting somewhere around 120 miles from my house. I'd heard little bits about it, and was totally amazed when I saw it. I went with my brother and his 5 year old son. We saw one other person out there. I explained to him that I wanted to show my nephew this place and brought his dad along in case we got stuck and needed someone to eat- My brother is used to me.

There's a lot that's going on with this place. I want to go back and do it right. Sort of a geology field trip for an old geology student.

The size of this thing is tremendous. I'm probably shooting from about 3 miles away. I think the brush adds some noise. Probably mostly pp though. Tried a few edits. Will try again in a couple days. Still burnt out from the trip.

WOW

that is one amazing looking place, can't wait for your next shots of it

Most reactions

Back