Right Release of Form for Copy Right Read inside

adestria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here's my problem . So A friend of mine hook me up to a friend of her as a Photographer for a Birthday Party but the client wants to print the pictures I gave her so much freebies .. I asked her for $100 for the photo/video and everything else. Thats kinda a lot of freebies that I gave to my client but she wants to print without buying my copy right? What Release of Copyright form DO i need to get? Can someone explain it to me more further?

So here's my problem . So A friend of mine hook me up to a friend of her as a Photographer for a Birthday Party but the client wants to print the pictures I gave her so much freebies .. I asked her for $100 for the photo/video and everything else. Thats kinda a lot of freebies that I gave to my client but she wants to print without buying my copy right? What Release of Copyright form DO i need to get? Can someone explain it to me more further?
not a COPYRIGHT release, a PRINT RELEASE.
You are just providing her with the right to print those images however you want to specify without giving up the ownership of your copyright.
Just google it. There are tons and tons of them out there for you to copy from.

*be sure you are registering your copyrights every 3 months as required by copyright law in order to protect your ownership*

Where can I register my copyrights? A Print Release alright thank you

The US Copyright office. It must be done every 3 months. You need to register published works separate from un-published works. You can register them in thumbnail size and put as many as you can get on a disc.
U.S. Copyright Office
Start with the Circulars and Brochures under publications to completely understand what you need to do.

A print release is a license that defines how an images(s) may be used. (See example below)

It is less expensive and quicker to register online, than by sending them a disc of photos.

Registering Your Copyrights Using the eCO System
Registering Your Library of Photographs | Photo Attorney
Steps to Prepare Your Images for Copyright Registration Using Photoshop® | Photo Attorney

Use License - Print Release

All images © 2012 {name or studio here}, All Rights Reserved. This Use License shall be governed by the laws of the State of _________.

I, [name or studio here], as copyright owner of these images, grant a lifetime, personal, non-commercial use license to ____________________and their immediate family to print or have printed (no larger than (whatever size, if any)) reproductions of these images for display in their home and workplace only.

Online Use

{name or studio here} has provided web sized and watermarked images for exclusive use on social networking web sites that are not owned by ____________________ and their immediate family. No other online use is granted. Removal of the watermark from these web sized images, or any other violation of any of the other terms, will constitute a breach of this entire Print Release – Use License, rendering it null and void in its entirety.

Copyright Information

Please remember that because these images are protected by US Federal Copyright laws they may not be altered, copied, transmitted or used in any way not stipulated above without prior written consent of the copyright owner, {name or studio here}.
These images may not be entered in any photography or other competition or contest without the expressed written consent of [name or studio here]. Commercial use of the images is prohibited.
No waiver by either party of any of the terms or conditions of this license shall be deemed or construed to be a waiver of such term or condition for the future, or of any subsequent breach thereof. Waivers are only applicable when they are written. There will be no verbal waivers to this agreement.

The Photographer hereby warrants that he (or she) is the sole creator of these images and owns all rights granted by law.

[Name or studio here]
Address:
City, State:
Phone:
Email:
Authorized Signature:

Last edited:

The US Copyright office. It must be done every 3 months. You need to register published works separate from un-published works. You can register them in thumbnail size and put as many as you can get on a disc.
U.S. Copyright Office
Start with the Circulars and Brochures under publications to completely understand what you need to do.

What does "it must be done every three months mean"?
Once registered, it's registered.

Help! I’ve Been Infringed! | Photo Attorney (See option #6)

When a photo is not registered with the U.S. Copyright Office prior to the infringement (or within three months of the first publication of the photo), a copyright owner may recover only “actual damages” for the infringement (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 504 (b)), instead of statutory damages.

U.S. Copyright Office

What does "it must be done every three months mean"?
Once registered, it's registered.
Sorry, not clear there... Every three months you must register for all images created in that time period/your copyright must be registered within 3 months of publishing/creating a work... SO... every 3 months you dump them all on a CD, pay the fee and register everything you have created in the preceding 3 months.

Most reactions

Back