Rip this apart, Shopping Carts

Lackoffunding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3007271406_1f9b57ddc1_b.jpg

3007270992_2c86c39870_b.jpg

I would love your honest input/critique on these things.

WHAT an interesting idea for a photo subject.

I used to pressure clean hundreds of them in the middle of the night, in all kinds of weather. Never thought of a shopping cart as having any artistic value at all.

I am beginning to feel about photography like I did 40 years ago when I first started doing it.

You guys here on TPF are G-R-E-A-T, I have seen almost no real flaming and mean spiritedness on here, no obvious arseorifices, only support and friendliness and a general family feeling to the forum. Many of the other online forums do not even seem to welcome newbies, some almost seem to resent them. I have totally left a couple forums because they were just not places I wanted to be.

Almost ANY forum on the Whole Wid Web could learn a thing or three from the members I see here.

Geesh, is this ever refreshing.

While I'm normally a huge fan of getting really close to the subject, with these two I feel I like the second better than the first, offering just that bit of context that I am missing in the first. I really like to see the trolley wheels hidden in the leaves ... the only thing I do not like about 2 is the top, the background beyond that wall. I think I'd consider creating a photo (for a change) which no longer meets the standard print sizes and just crop it where the wall ends. That'd once more reduce it to your subject only, but not be as abstract as the first.

And hey, Patrick ... I think I've made shopping carts / trolleys my subject before, years ago, I think it was in 2005. They can make a good subject, you can play with the element of repetition, vanishing point, desolation (here) and more. Of course, you CAN (some must or had to ;) ) also pressure clean them... or photograph the cleaner at work ... ah, the possibilities... !!!! :D

3007511484_d462e087db_b.jpg

good call laphoto. I think this might be better.

vanishing point/repetition...

3007272134_12b365156d_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back