River, Flower... (C&C Welcome)

Hi Mewle, some of my thoughts on your posting - thanks for numbering your images.

#1. This is nice, the flower is in focus. My only concern is the log(?) cabin in the background on the right. It is a bit distracting, but underlines a lesson that I learned early on - watch your backgrounds for any distracting elements. I think I might have changed my position for photographing the flower to get rid of the "cabin".

#2 This is a nice waterfalls, but it is sort of lost in the picture.. I would have cropped the image a bit to give more emphasis to the falls. The colours in the image could also use some work - the greens look a little underwhelming. I think you might want to try increasing the contrast a bit to see if that helps. Since you said editing was "Okay", I tried a bit with the posted jpgs. I increased the Hue, Saturation and Luminance with the greens a bit, and played with the contrast, saturation, vibrance and clarity. Again, there is a limit to what I could do with the posted jpg. but you can see what I mean.

21077520724_ef5531cb73-2.jpg

#3 This is nice, but like #2, the colours are a little flat. I didn't do anything with this one.

#4. I am not sure about this one :biggrin-93:. It is an interesting subject, but I would have tried to shoot it from right overhead, regardless, I would get rid of some of the background in the upper part of the image so that the viewer is not distracted by it. I would also have "cleaned" up the subject by removing the small stick and the other leafy remains on the right of the image. I tried to do a bit to show you what I was suggesting, but jpgs can be a bit tricky to do anything with. You get the idea. I cloned out the "stick" and tried my best to get rid of the messy leaves. I also cropped it significantly. Had I been there with my "kit", I would have cleaned the dirt off the leaf itself. :biggrin-93:

21631084041_511e9bf147-2.jpg

The other idea with leafs like this, is to zoom in on the leaf itself and capture an image of the veins and structure of the leaf alone - just a thought.

I hope this was okay with you. I do realize that you are probably shooting with your phone and are limited in size for your images, but what software are you using to process them or are they straight out of camera (SOOC)?

WesternGuy

Attachments

• 21077520724_ef5531cb73-2.jpg
    21077520724_ef5531cb73-2.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 129
Hi Mewle, some of my thoughts on your posting - thanks for numbering your images.

#1. This is nice, the flower is in focus. My only concern is the log(?) cabin in the background on the right. It is a bit distracting, but underlines a lesson that I learned early on - watch your backgrounds for any distracting elements. I think I might have changed my position for photographing the flower to get rid of the "cabin".

#2 This is a nice waterfalls, but it is sort of lost in the picture.. I would have...(to make it shorter)

Thank you again for a deep reply. I will consider those things in the future. If I edit the photo I use Snapseed on iPhone and then transfer it to PC with Dropbox sync and then upload to Flickr. If I dont edit I just transfer it and upload. Thank you again for the tips, they are always welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back